The British Institute of Kitchen, Bedroom & Bathroom Installers reinforces government advice to its members as the UK faces the COVID-19 virus.
In a communication to members today, BiKBBI advises members to take sensible precautions to prevent spread of Coronavirus, to include sanitation, communication and adherence to government advice:
The Government prevention guidelines are:
If you have the symptoms of Covid-19:
• Muscle aches
Or think you may be at risk based on one of the three scenarios below:
1. If you’ve travelled to or from one of the at risk locations;
2. If you’ve been in close contact with someone who’s recently been in one of the at risk locations
3. If you’ve been in close contact with someone who’s been diagnosed with Covid-19
Do not go to work. Self-isolate and contact NHS 111 for advice.
As at 4 March 2020, the government advice is not to travel to a category one location. Travel to category two locations currently presents a risk and if you visit and display symptoms on your return, you’ll be required to be in quarantine for up to 14 days. Category 1 and 2 location details are frequently updated by the Government – CLICK HERE.
BiKBBI advised that members, before entering a customer’s home, that they confirm that:
– no one in the property has been positively tested for Covid-19;
– no one in the property is self-isolating; and
– no one is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
In the event the above cannot be established, or if there is a negative response to the above, it is advised that work be reasonably suspended.
EDUCATION | STANDARDS | SUSTAINABILITY | COMPLIANCE |